Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Error running honeyd-0.7a-beta2 kit

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 21:44:26 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004, James Chong wrote:

I have been playing around with honeyd but cannot seem
to get it to run.I am using the latest kit by Niel.

Hate to break this to you, but you are actually not using
the current toolkit.  It appears you are using the older 0.5
Linux toolkit.  For the latest, please go to

   http://www.tracking-hackers.com/solutions/honeyd

I got this error.
+ ./honeyd -p nmap.prints -f honeyd.conf -x
xprobe2.prints -a nmap.assoc -l /var/log/honeyd
192.168.1.201-192.168.1.204
honeyd[4610]: started with -p nmap.prints -f
honeyd.conf -x xprobe2.prints -a nmap.assoc -l
/var/log/honeyd 192.168.1.201-192.168.1.204
honeyd: fopen(xprobe2.prints): No such file or
directory

Also, I tried emulating routers but cannot seem to do
so.What do I need to do?

The new toolkit has extensive examples and new papers detailing
how to do just that :)

Best of luck!

lance