Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Re: Sebek detection

From: Guilhem <guilhem.m () wanadoo fr>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 16:33:06 +0200 (CEST)

I think his point was: if someone hack into a honepot, he can run a tcpdump, and generate such a packet. If the tcpdump
fails to notice the packet, there is something fishy.

I don't have the answer. I know Sebek generates (or asks for) an ID to find which packets are to be stored / analyzed
and which are not. My guess is, only the specific ID is hidden, and the hacker, who doesn't know the ID, can't generate
the packet.

As for the phrack paper, i think that at least some of his points are right. Or maybe they are not anymore, some flaws
are detected, some flaws are corrected... Hey, never trust anyone, try for yourself ^^

Guilhem

Message du 29/03/04 16:16