Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: centralizing logs

From: "Polazzo Justin" <Justin.Polazzo () facilities gatech edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 12:19:06 -0500

For windows boxes I am currently using the kiwi: cat tools and applog to syslog, for the remote reporting of all
workstations to a .txt file, which is imported into a MySql database. You can then run queries to notify via SMTP for
certain events. Although kiwi also has a tool for automating this per host, I have not seen a syslog server side app
yet.

I dont know if I would consider kiwi open source, they have a free version and a "professional" version, but the free
version is working fine for me.

jp