Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: ifconfig

From: Cedric Blancher <blancher () cartel-securite fr>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 19:01:08 +0100

Le mar 09/03/2004 à 14:09, Our-team a écrit :
I want to develop a honeypot as a part of our project.
Are there any potential problems that are faced if we
use "ifconfig" for mapping multiple ip addresses on to
same machine. I need to create a virtual honeypot and
want to do it by using ifconfig....

What OS ?
If Linux, then you have to use ip tool from iproute2 package. BTW, on
this system IP aliasing using ifconfig is deprecated.

--
http://www.netexit.com/~sid/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE