Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Dynamic Honeypots

From: Byron Copeland <nodialtone () comcast net>
Date: 11 Mar 2004 00:43:42 -0500

Not sure what your ideas for dynamic honeypots have been so far.  But
one approach may be to set up virtual honeypots using vmware.  This
gives you the option to set up 2 or 3 different operating systems per
machine probably.  Use cheap equipment in the process as well.

Use one of the systems as a syslog server so packets in and out get
logged centrally.  You may want to set things up so that packets won't
leave your "virtual honeynet" to create havoc if a virtual happens to
get compromised.