Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: MAC address

From: Cedric Blancher <blancher () cartel-securite fr>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 19:38:39 +0100

Le dim 07/03/2004 à 09:21, Our-team a écrit :
I am a graduate student and am doing a project on honeypots. Can a
person get the  remote MAC address of a machine. If it happens then he
can see that al the ip address of virtual honeypot point to a single
machine.

He can only if it "attacks" the honeypot from the same ethernet subnet.
Otherwise, he will only able to see the appropriate router MAC.

This can be a problem when you try to set up honeypots that are destined
to get very close to attacker, such as Wi-Fi honeypot or high
interaction ones.

--
http://www.netexit.com/~sid/
PGP KeyID: 157E98EE FingerPrint: FA62226DA9E72FA8AECAA240008B480E157E98EE