Honeypots mailing list archives

MODERATOR: Quarterly Reminder

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 08:35:57 -0600 (CST)

This is the Honeypot maillist Quarterly Reminder.  The purpose
of this post (sent every quarter) is to be a friendly reminder
on the issues and etiquete of this maillist.

- Purpose:
  The purpose of this list is to discuss honeypot technologies
  and anything honeypot related (such as risks, legal issues,
  deployment, deception, etc).  Material that appears as a blatant
  advertisement, or material not related to honeypots, will be
  blocked.

- Format:
  Please post in ASCII format only, no HTML, XML, or anything
  else ending in ML :)

- Attachments:
  Please do not send attachments.  Instead, post a URL so folks
  can access your file(s) online.  Not only does this save
  bandwidth, but other folks not on our maillist can then access
  your file(s) and learn about what you are up to.

- Honeypot Questions:
  If you have questions about honeypots, or are new to the
  technology, we recommend you first read the Honeypot FAQ.
  http://www.tracking-hackers.com/misc/faq.html

- Editing/Trimming:
  When you reply to a posting, please trim your reply so only
  pertinent material applies.  Also, include your response near
  the top of the posting.  We do not want to have threads that
  have replies responding to repliese responding to replies, and
  then your reply is located at the bottom of a loooooong email.

- Archives:
  Every mail posted to this maillist is archived.  You can search
  and review past postings at
  http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/119

- Maillist Maintenance FAQ
  http://www.securityfocus.com/popups/forums/honeypots/faq.shtml

- How do I unsubscribe:
  Send an e-mail message to honeypots-unsubscribe () securityfocus com
  from the subscribed address. The contents of the subject or
  message body do not matter. You will receive a confirmation
  request message to which you will have to answer.

As always, if you have any suggestion on how to improve the maillist,
email me directly.

Thanks!

--
Lance Spitzner