Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: honeyd and routing

From: "Roshen Chandran" <roshen.chandran () paladion net>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 21:37:02 +0530

Does someone have a recipe how to make the honeyd listen to network
traffic on it's specifiyed devices without strange and cryptic routing?

You could use the -i option for Honeyd to listen on a specified
interface

./honeyd -f honeyd.conf -i eth1

Another problem ist that when I redirect traffic from the inter net to
honeyd-host it won't respond to requests (for example telnet).

Does it respond to ping? Could you give more details? The relevant
section your honeyd.conf would be useful.

Thanks!
-Roshen

Roshen Chandran
Paladion Networks