Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: honeypot+ids?

From: Patrick Dolan <dolan () cc admin unt edu>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:00:13 -0500

I find it easiest to set up the router/switch as a computer rather than just a
piece of hardware.  OpenBSD, for instance, has good capabilities for packet
filtering.  With this method, you can run the IDS on the router and have it
listen to the internal interface.  I've used OpenBSD in combination with
Snort for this scenario and it works well.