Honeypots mailing list archives

Stop me before I suid again...

From: <vze24z4z () verizon net>
Date: 29 Sep 2003 20:38:50 -0000

Ok I'm stumped. I've installed honeyd on a machine and it runs fine - almost. My shell scripts (pop.sh, web.sh etc)
work fine, but my perl scripts die die die. It seems to be some sort of suid problem - I changed a line in the conf
file to be:

add windows tcp port 80 "/usr/bin/perl -e 'print \"help me!\""

And lo and behold I get the error "no -e allowed in setuid scripts".

Where is this setuid coming from and how do I rectify it? It's puzzling seeing as the permissions on all the
executables and perl files are rwx (for debugging purposes only...)

Any help greatly appreciated.