Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: question about honeyd 0.6a (linux)

From: Meidinger Chris <chris.meidinger () badenit de>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 15:54:20 +0100

Hello List,

i am new here, so first of all hi.

Now Han, as far as your question, I may be wrong, but i thought that this
was not in the functionality of honeyd to listen to its own address. If, for
example, i want to trap connections to 22/tcp and also want to administer my
machine over ssh, then i have a problem. So i believe that honeyd
specifically does not listen for incoming attempts to its real address.

If i am wrong, someone correct me please.

Greetings from Germany,

Chris Meidinger