Honeypots mailing list archives

spam/virus tracking

From: "lsi" <stuart () cyberdelix net>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 10:44:25 +0100

Hi folks,

Last week I posted a chart showing spams/day, with some additional
speculation regarding the curious drop in spam levels just prior to
the Sobig-F outbreak.

I received several requests for clarification, etc, so I have since
created a webpage with all the info on it, including a link to an
executable.

page here: http://www.cyberdelix.net/tech/spamtrak.htm

Updated chart here, showing spam levels slowly recovering after Sobig-
F: http://www.cyberdelix.net/media/spamtrak.gif

New chart here, showing Sobig-F levels:
http://www.cyberdelix.net/media/sobig-f.gif

My plan now is to go back through the spam stats and see whether any
of the other curious dips are also immediately prior to virus
outbreaks, Sobig variants in particular.

If anyone has a large chunk of spam (20000 messages or so) covering
the last 2 or 3 years, I'll have it, please send - I need it as a
single zipped text file. ;)

Stuart
--
Stuart Udall