Honeypots mailing list archives

rc.firewall script questions

From: <kathya6200 () yahoo com>
Date: 19 Jun 2003 13:47:06 -0000

I have a few questions about the rc.firewall script -

on the sebek logging section - if set to 'yes' , I understand that the
dst_ip's will be dropped, but am assuming that sebek packets are still
captured at the honeywall.  Also, would 'outside the honeynet' include
the 'production' systems in your Figure A?

2) the section titled "VARIABLES THAT RESTRICT WHAT THE FIREWALL CAN SEND
OUT " - does the firewall here refer to the honeywall?  If this restricts
data to certain ports, does this supercede the connection-limiting (snort-
inline) rules?  As u can tell, I'm a bit confused about this area.  Thanks
for any help u can give me-