Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: newbie Re: Honeypots: Uses and Features

From: dave () immunitysec com
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 06:37:28 -0400 (EDT)

I think dtspcd was first seen in the wild via a honeypot? At least by some
people. It's definately a very rare event though, for some reason.

-dave

Hi All,
I have a question to the thread, whilst reading the comments I was
wondering
if anyone had seen the Honeypots being used to detect an attack which was
previously unknown.

Although I fully support views, such as: