Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Honeyd for win32

From: Pat Garlick <patlg1 () netzero net>
Date: 1 Apr 2003 18:54:54 -0000

Michael:

Per your answer to my help with honeyd on Win2000 box.  Another user
suggested that I:... In the nmap.prints file try removing the entry
for "Windows NT 4 SP3".  I've run into this problem on some other versions
of honeyd.

I did this and when I run Honeyd.exe a screen flashes briefly and that is
it.  Is this all there is to the install of honeyd on Windows 2000?  I did
read the honeyd.html page and understand there are switches that can be
used to configure different things.  Where I configure it....i'm sorry, i
do not know??  This is all new to me.

Additionally,  I would like to know: once honeyd is actually running on
the Windows 2000 box........will it indicate a process is running in any
of the system files........or modules?  If so, what will it be named?
this would be an indication to me as well that honeyd is actually
installed and running on this box.

thanks for your help. i need to get this up and running sooooooooooooon,
pat