Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: Honeypot Newbie

From: "Alberto Gonzalez" <albertg () cerebro wwjh net>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 20:27:49 -0800

First thing, why are you running this Honeypot? Research or otherwise?

You might want to venture off to http://honeypots.sf.net he has a lot of
'monitoring' based stuff on his website. I can't really help much since
All of my honeypots are *nix based. I would suggest starting with a low
Interaction honeypot and start building your way up when the experience
comes. Then when you get more familiar with honeypots and their
surroundings start venturing off. :-)

Cheers!
   Alberto Gonzalez

Useful Links:
http://www.violating.us/projects/bigeye
http://www.tracking-hackers.com/solutions
http://honeypots.sf.net

---
"The secret to success is to start from scratch and keep on scratching.