Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Hi: ftp fake and real

From: <perrieror () ssginfo montclair edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:59:46 -0500 (EST)

Why are you redirecting the user to a fake ftp server? are you trying to
log their attack or are you trying to stop them from attacking your real
ftp server? if you are simply trying to stop them, why don't you configure
snort to block their ip or have snort kick them off of the ftp?

Robert Perriero
Montclair State University
Systems and Security Group

Note:my earnest request, plz dont display my email id
in mailing list

Hi,
   i have a problem. i have two servers, real ftp and
fake ftp. and all the ftp requests are directed to
real ftp until the user is declared an attacker by
Snort. When the snort declares that the user is an
attacker, the attacker is directed to the fake ftp
server. Now the problem is, how do i start the fake
ftp session from where he left the real ftp session.
or is there any other method for tackling with
attackers using fake services.
 waiting for a prompt reply,
Bye

=====