Honeypots mailing list archives

RE: About Data Control

From: mike () honeynet org
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:39:45 -0500 (EST)

Not only can snort inline be used for that, but it is also used to make it
more difficult to compromise other hosts from the honeynet.  If an
attacker launches an attack from the honeynet, snort inline will try to
drop or modify the packet.  This way we can increase the number of
connections we allow out, since them getting an exploit out is less
likely.

Mike Clark