Honeypots mailing list archives

HoneyTokens

From: Lance Spitzner <lance () honeynet org>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:14:01 -0600 (CST)

For those of you who are not on the IDS list, very interesting
thread coming up, honeytokens.  Resources (such as word
documents, excel spreadsheets, webpages) that no one should
be touching.  Same concept as honeypots, but you are applying
it to individuals items (hence the term tokens).

Used primarily for detection (and thus why it started on
the IDS list).  However, since the concept is based on
honeypots, wanted to forward to you folks :)

lance