Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: Sebek 0.4

From: Edward Balas <ebalas () iu edu>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 09:05:43 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Dan wrote:

Hi,

   I am trying to install sebek, however when i enter ./sebek start, these are displayed :

rmmod: module cleaner is not loaded
Couldn't authorize myself. Trying anyway ...
Potential sebek config/version mismatch...
File '/tmp/sebek/adore.o' hided.
Couldn't authorize myself. Trying anyway ...
Potential sebek config/version mismatch...
File '/tmp/sebek/cleaner.o' hided.
Couldn't authorize myself. Trying anyway ...
Potential sebek config/version mismatch...
File '/tmp/sebek/sdm' hided.
Couldn't authorize myself. Trying anyway ...
Potential sebek config/version mismatch...
File '/tmp/sebek/ava' hided.
Couldn't authorize myself. Trying anyway ...
Potential sebek config/version mismatch...
File '/tmp/sebek/sebek.sh' hided.
Couldn't authorize myself. Trying anyway ...
Potential sebek config/version mismatch...
File '/tmp/sebek' hided.
Couldn't authorize myself. Trying anyway ...
Potential sebek config/version mismatch...
File '/dev/sebek' hided.
Couldn't authorize myself. Trying anyway ...
Potential sebek config/version mismatch...
Can't hide process.
Couldn't authorize myself. Trying anyway ...
Potential sebek config/version mismatch...
File './sebek.sh' hided.

What's wrong?

The most common problem I see is that sebek is compiled
against a version of the kernel source that doesnt match
the version used on the honeypot, can you verify that this
is not case for you?

What does lsmod show you after you attept to activate sebek?

Thanks

Dan