Honeypots mailing list archives

Re: LKM - Sebek

From: Mike lim <bugtraq77 () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 17:42:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi,
Thanks for the info, I managed to get it working.
What happened is that I had 3 different kernels in the system and stupid me got the wrong one running when I thought I
was running the correct one.
And yes, sebek isn't friendly with redhat 6.2. It needs quite alot of stuffz that does not come default with 6.2.  I
have to manually copy all the library and include files before I am able to get it compiled and run. (troubleshooting
package dependecies in 6.2 is more difficult than manually copying the needed files)
Basically, I need to have a bootdisk ready to replace some of the sytem critical files such as:
libdl-2.3.1.so libc-2.3.1.so libnss_files-2.3.1.so libthread_db-1.0.so