funsec mailing list archives

IT Sec Policies on travel from US to China?

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 19:01:55 -0400

I've tried Googling, but I'm turning up spurious noise... Is anyone
aware of some sample IT security policies and procedures for
travelling from US to China?

Does the DoD offer something STIG-like for guidance?

I'm especially interested in temporary laptops and temporary phones;
how to handle the device radios (like 802.11 and NFC); temporary
credentials for VPN; and how to handle email. Email is confounding
because its so damn insecure at so many levels.

Jeff