funsec mailing list archives

Re: Net-connected Barbie?

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 06:35:13 -0500

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 11:40:17PM -0500, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
Harry Harrison wrote "I always do what Teddy says" back in 1965.

Whoa.  That hasn't crossed my mind in...well, okay, a lot of years.

So now it seems we're going to live in the worlds imagined by Harrison,
Dick, Orwell, Bradbury, Vonnegut, and others.  Perhaps there should be
a mandatory reading list of seminal dystopian, cautionary tales --
although those busily engaged in figuring out how they can without
pausing to consider if they should would probably not pause to read them.

---rsk