funsec mailing list archives

Re: Steering wheel camera 'detects angry drivers'

From: "Blanchard, Michael (InfoSec)" <michael.blanchard () emc com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2014 14:36:42 +0000

I can see the future....

Driver got bad news and is pissed off....
Car automatically limits itself to 30 MPH top speed
<automated voice>
"... Driver 4958203, I've detected you're in an emotional state, please correct this condition..."
"... until this condition is corrected, your vehicle will be limited to 30 MPH..."

Isn't that the definition of Big Brother...   oh geeze!

Michael P. Blanchard
Principal Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Cyber Security Services
EMC ² Corporation
32 Coslin Drive
Southboro, MA 01772