funsec mailing list archives

Job Security!!!!

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 09:00:23 -0800

Apparently the new Cisco annual security report for 2014 says that some time
this year the industry will be short more than a million security professionals.

(I'd break out the champagne, except that I recall a Gartner report from a decade
ago that said the US alone would need a quarter million CISSPs as of that time.
Didn't see any huge jump in employment then, either ...)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
If the bit is set to 1, the packet has evil intent.  Secure
systems SHOULD try to defend themslves against such packets.
Insecure systems MAY chose to crash, be penetrated, etc.
                                                          - RFC 3514
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade