funsec mailing list archives

Re: The Sad Decline of '60 Minutes' Continues With This Week's NSA Whitewash

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 02:40:52 -0500

Welcome to the world of centralized media,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_media. You have to read non-US
publications to balance the skewed views following the party lines.
Reuters is a good choice.

I still recall Reuters was one of the few mainstream publications that
covered the Israel/Palestine conflict/war/{euphemism} with
objectivity. Reuters would publish daily death counts like a score
card. At the height, Israel was killing Palestinians at a rate of 3 to
1.

On the other hand, US central media usually showed the suicide bus
bombers that killed Israelis. They did not cover Israel razing entire
portions of cities and killing hundreds at a time with airstrikes. I
recall seeing the aerial photos of cities like Jenin and thinking,
holy shit - that looks like post world war two Germany.

Jeff

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 11:48 PM, Paul Ferguson