funsec mailing list archives

Review of "cloud drives" - Younited - pt 2

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 10:43:21 -0800

My major test of the Younited drive took a few days, but it finally seems to have
completed.  In a less than satisfactory manner.

I "synched" a directory on my machine with the Younited drive.  As noted, the
synching ran for at least two days.  (My mail and Web access was noticeably slow
during that time.)  The original directory, with subdirectories, contained slightly
under 7 Gigs of material (the quota for basic Younited drives is said to be 10 G) in
slightly under 2,800 files.  The transfer progress now shows 5,899 files
transferred, and I'm out of space.

A quick check shows that not all files are on the Younited drive.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than
anywhere else.                                     - Clarence Darrow
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade