funsec mailing list archives

Re: US CERT: Washington, DC Radio Station Web Site Compromises

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 15:36:44 -0400

Thanks Paul.

Have you ever seen US CERT issue against a website? Or is this new
reporting introduced with the recent email procedure change.

Jeff

On Tue, May 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM, Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster () gmail com> wrote:
No conspiracy theories here -- just "yet another" watering hole attack.

See also:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watering_Hole

It has become a fairly common attack/victimization methodology.

- ferg