funsec mailing list archives

Memory lane ...

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:37:13 -0800

I ordered a new computer before Christmas, and there have been delays getting it.
Today the shop called and said that the one I ordered (with 4 Gigs of RAM) was
still short, but they did have one with 6 Gigs, if I was willing to pay an extra ten
bucks.  So I said fine.

Got off the phone and told Gloria about it.  She asked "How many Commodores is
that?" since I still have a Commodore 64 in the "computer museum" trunk.

32,000.  Give or take a few for rounding purposes.  For ten bucks, the equivalent
memory of 32,000 Commodore 64 computers.

We work in a bizarre field.

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
        It's a small world. So you gotta use your elbows a lot.
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade