funsec mailing list archives

Re: Problems with H-Online Security?

From: Vic Vandal <vvandal () well com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 08:08:38 -0800 (PST)

Check your browser settings Jeff and try accessing the site/links using a different browser.  There was some recent
Firefox patch that caused a (different) site to suddenly become inaccessible to me because of some anomaly with its
site certificate.  But there was absolutely no indication of why the site wouldn't come up, and it appeared to be
down/offline because I could still access other sites.  It wasn't until I tried a different browser on a whim that I
realized that it was a browser issue.  If memory serves I made the site trusted or an exception and I was able to
access it again.

Also h-online-com issues its own and another etracker.de tracking cookie, and if your browser isn't accepting those
cookies (or allowing some of the site's javascript to execute) perhaps that could play into your site access problem.

Good luck,
Vic

Message: 1