funsec mailing list archives

Re: Still think "climate change" is just an academic curiosity?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 11:34:14 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 8 Nov 2012 17:42:29 +0000 (GMT)
From:                   Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>

- when five servers go down, you don't jump on your horse and dash
madly off in all directions, you sit quietly and work out what went wrong,
then you fix it. Often without leaving your desk, while the berserk
coffee-maddened horde is still galloping across town to the data centre.

But that's effective and reasonable--where's the fun in that?

You made a big mistake that day in Boston.

Can't blame that one on me.  (Besides, here, in the country I actually come from,
we drink even more tea per capita than you do.)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window. - Steve Wozniak
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade