funsec mailing list archives

Re: Sandy and BCP

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2012 18:57:24 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 6 Nov 2012, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon &
Hannah <rmslade () shaw ca> wrote:
The flooding of New York City was, once again, an example of known threats not
being addressed.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/gulliver/2012/11/defending-new-york-floods

It would have been too expensive to do anything about the issues.  (Flood costs
currently $50B and rising as more damage found.)

Of course, nobody could have predicted Sandy, because this was a storm produced
by changing conditions.  Brought on by global warming/climate change.  Which is
another issue that is too expensive to address ...
In the aftermath, I was thinking: boy a natural disaster did this on
happen chance. What would be the result of a concerted effort by an
intelligent group who are angry about socio-economic injustice and
biased foreign policies in other regions of the world.

Right! If that group all got together and prayed really hard, maybe they
could get an even worse storm. I'd guess that Poseidon would be the right
god to pray to for this.