funsec mailing list archives

Re: Nice "work" if you can get it ...

From: Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 17:46:32 -0400

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 3:38 PM, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon &
Hannah <rmslade () shaw ca> wrote:
So, lemme understand this:
The (US) banks can borrow from the (US) government at basically nothing, lend it
back to the US government at a few points higher to cover the debt the US
government has from lending to the banks because the banks created bad debts, the
banks make hundreds of billions of dollars in revenue from this ...
I used to be amazed that no criminal charges were brought against the
economic terrorists, despite breaking countless laws (such as the
Hobbs Act [1]).

Now I'm just thankful that Osama Bin Laden did not make a PAC
contribution on 9/10.

Jeff

[1] http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title9/131mcrm.htm