funsec mailing list archives

Re: bitching- java updates and ask toobar

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:49:35 -0800

From:                   michael.blanchard () emc com
Date sent:              Fri, 18 Nov 2011 12:11:16 -0500

<<<<< <breathing heavy from screaming>>>>

Calm down, now.  Take a deep breath.

OK, now that you have more breath, resume screaming.

I usually joke that I disagree with every word this man has said, but I will defend,
TO THE DEATH, if necessary, his right to say it.  In this instance, I agree with
every word both of you (so far) have said.  I am sick and tired of every single
"update" package; Java, Apple, FireFox, Adobe, you name it; having some
"adverware" inclusion.  (And that includes Microsoft: I never wanted Silverlight,
and I definitely do not want that weird new search non-function that I have to
keep clicking off on every update.)  (And don't get me started on the time Adobe
managed to slip a photo manager past me, and, even after I uninstalled it, I
couldn't access my camera anymore.)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Do not fold, spindle or mutilate - originated by Charles A. Phillips
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade