funsec mailing list archives

Scope creep

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 16:53:55 -0800

By now, every time I hear somebody sound off about the advantages of Agile,
Joint Application Development or some such, I immediately think of scope creep.
 (Yes, I know that "true" Agile requires small, fixed projects, but I also know that
everyone discards that tenet first.)

Anyway, this has almost nothing to do with software, but a lot to do with scope
creep:

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2011/08/future-warship-ran-aground/all/1

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
If you are not admitted ... you should consider the possibility
that your low GPA may be telling you something.  Perhaps CS
really isn't the best field for you...
                         - Berkeley Computing Science department FAQ
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade