funsec mailing list archives

Re: APT Summit

From: CP Constantine <conrad () 1211 net>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 14:59:10 -0400

On 9/16/2011 2:49 PM, michael.blanchard () emc com wrote:
I LOL'd at the newly found #1 threat when I first read that PDF a few days ago....

"social engineering is now the #1 threat"

Let's ask Kevin Mitnik and countless others if they feel that Social Engineering is NOW the #1 threat....  it's
always been the #1 threat... People WANT to help people, especially in Customer Service...

Ugh...

  Mike B

The problem with helpdesk, is that they want to ....help...

(and they are being QA'ed on how "Helpful" they are being..)