funsec mailing list archives

Re: Spam from Verisign

From: Larry Seltzer <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 15:38:14 -0400

Someone pretty senior at VeriSign/Symantec tells me: "Yes, the email is
legit and was sent from VeriSign/Symantec.  We used the responsys email
service to sent the email out and this email was developed prior to the news
of the recent breach."

I have been doing contract writing for VeriSign for some time (although a
new job I just got will put an end to this relationship). They're really
swell people and I'm sure they're telling the truth and would never
themselves get breached in this way.

LJS

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 2:45 PM, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah