funsec mailing list archives

Home, Home on the RNG

From: "Les Bell" <lesbell () lesbell com au>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 14:32:52 +1000

More details of Intel's new random number generator surfaced in today's
email from IEEE Spectrum. See:

http://spectrum.ieee.org/semiconductors/processors/behind-intels-new-randomnumber-generator/?utm_source=techalert&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=090111

or

http://tinyurl.com/3nbg47j

However the final line of page 1 (which looks, at first glance, like the
end of the article -  you might want to read it anyway before continuing)
prompts me to relate the tale of the three ladies who were discussing their
boyfriends.

"I've started going out with a longshoreman, and I have to tell you, it's
fanastic!", says the first. "He is so fit, and so strong - our lovemaking
is such an intense physical experience - I can't tell you!".

She glances at one of the others, who smiles, and says, "Oh, my boyfriend
isn't like that at all. He's not at all physical, but he's a poet, and he
really picks up on the emotional connection, so when we make love, he seems
to know exactly what I want, even before I know myself. It's great!".

They both look at the third woman, who seems a bit embarrassed. "Oh!", she
says, "Well. . . my boyfriend isn't at all like either of yours. Actually,
he's a design engineer for Intel . . . and when we make love . . ."

"Yes?", chorus the other two.

"Well, he mostly just sits on the end of the bed and tells me how good it's
going to be when I eventually get it!"

(On a serious note, it's a reasonably informative article. Even if I *am*
going to hell for pointing it out this way . . .)

Best,

--- Les Bell
[http://www.lesbell.com.au]
Tel: +61 2 9451 1144