funsec mailing list archives

We're not #1

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 12:23:32 -0700

I am devastated to report that Vancouver has been judged (by the Economist) no
longer worthy of being the most liveable city on the planet.

The reason is the shocking condition of the Malahat Highway, which frequently
cuts off access to the city for almost a day at a time.

(Well, once, anyway.)

Trouble is, the Malahat is not in Vancouver, or near Vancouver, nor does it give
any access to Vancouver.  It's on Vancouver Island.  At closest approach, about a
hundred km away.  Across open water and past a few other islands.

(Should we tell the Economist about Google Maps?)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Most people say that it is the intellect which makes a great
scientist.  They are wrong: it is character.       - Albert Einstein
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade