funsec mailing list archives

Re: Fight! Fight!

From: <michael.blanchard () emc com>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 13:49:05 -0400

Hmmm.... it would appear that our good friends at McAfee have forgotten the definition of botnet...  let me help them
out a bit....  :-)

bot·net

noun /ˈbätˌnet/
botnets, plural

   1. A network of private computers infected with malicious software and controlled as a group without the owners'
knowledge

Michael P. Blanchard
Senior Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
32 Coslin Drive
Southboro, MA 01772