funsec mailing list archives

Re: Hyundai Capital admits to unprecedented information leak

From: Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 20:17:55 -0700

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 5:58 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 15:24:46 -0800, "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" said:
OK, hands up, any corporation that *hasn't* had a major breach or information
disclosure recently ...

Umm.. should we raise our hands only if we *know* of a breach, or should we include
the ones we haven't been told about by third parties yet?

Texas takes the cake this week:

http://arstechnica.com/security/news/2011/04/texas-exposes-addresses-ssns-of-35-million-residents.ars

- ferg

--