funsec mailing list archives

Re: Im lovin google spam filter

From: "Hubbard, Dan" <dhubbard () websense com>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 18:00:44 +0000

Agreed LARGE corpuses across many  are needed to make judgments.  In the case of SPAM 97% is pretty easy, 98% is
getting hard, 99% is minimum for enterprise.

Then you start measuring into the decimals and yes its needed due to the mass volume customers get. Its not trivial to
go last mile .1% at a time due to peoples judgment of what is spam and what is not.  We get complaints all the time
from people who have signed up for newsletters and argue they are getting SPAM'd.

Our SLA FP rates are 1/300,000 and the industry is anywhere from 1/150,000 to 1/400,000 depending on their definition
of an FP.