funsec mailing list archives

Blatant phishing?

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2011 12:43:23 -0800

As I was sending along my daily allotment of phishing spam to the research sites, I
noticed, in the message:

From: Halifax Security Department

<head>
<title>Crooks In Action - Jenson Farrago Phishing - Halifax</title>

emails from Crooks In Action">
Smith, Crooks In Action, 419 scams, advance fee, time wasters,
Nigerian email fraud, bogus lottery, bogus jobs & business
opportunities, identity theft, phishing, pills, internet medication,
penny stocks">

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
Under democracy, one party always devotes its chief energies to
trying to prove that the other party is unfit to rule--and both
commonly succeed, and are right.                     - H. L. Mencken
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade