funsec mailing list archives

Re: (perhaps ot) is a post on twitter considered speech or a published piece

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 08:29:25 -0400

On Sat, 28 May 2011 12:00:48 +0300, Gadi Evron said:
On 5/28/11 1:14 AM, Chaim Rieger wrote:
what says you ?

or if its too far ot, let it die

I think it doesn't matter whether it's speech or not, as it is in fact
published. There should be a legal definition somewhere.

And in 20 years, there will be.  The tech field has gotten further ahead of the
legal system to a greater degree than anytime since we invented tech and a
legal system 5,000 years ago. That's why we have all these issues with
intellectual property, privacy, and similar issues.  Of course, in 20 years the
fact we have a legal framework for how to consider today's Twitter won't
matter. as both Twitter and the rest of the tech landscape will have mutated
enough that some *other* yet unseen issue will be the big thing...