funsec mailing list archives

Re: You guys knew that already, right?

From: lists <lists () oitc com>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2011 08:15:51 -0400

On Mar 26, 2011, at 3:03 AM, Peter Evans wrote:

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/akaiwa.html

   I have my doubts he exists.
   I cannot find any mention of such a person in Japanese at all.

   Plus, there is only that 1 picture.

Original report in US came from LATimes report from Miyagi prefecture who interviewed him per the story

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/world/la-fg-japan-quake-scuba-20110317,0,7192950.story
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/17/hideaki-akaiwa-japan-tsunami_n_837250.html

Nevertheless the "badass" story is a better read than the LATimes one even if it is embellished.

I think the situation in Japan (earthquake, tsunami and reactor emergencies all at the same time) has people longing
for "good" stories.

Tom