funsec mailing list archives

Re: Revealed: U.S. Spy Operation That Manipulates Social Media

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:27:13 -0800

Date sent:              Thu, 17 Mar 2011 19:17:39 -0700
From:                   Paul Ferguson <fergdawgster () gmail com>

The US military is developing software that will let it secretly manipulate
social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter by using fake online personas to
influence internet conversations and spread pro-American propaganda.

Gee, thanks.  As if we didn't already have enough trolls out there with fake
personae ...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/mar/17/us-spy-operation-social-ne
tworks

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
You have done all this, and I have said nothing, so you thought
that I am like you.                                      - Ps. 50:21
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm http://www.infosecbc.org/links
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://twitter.com/rslade