funsec mailing list archives

Re: CAPTCHA *this*!

From: Peter Kosinar <goober () nuf ksp sk>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 23:00:04 +0100 (CET)

Calculus-based CAPTCHA http://bit.ly/gBnZ2z+

Well, a bunch of refreshes suggest the questions fall into one of three
categories -- one of them on the elementary school level and two somewhere
around the highschool (with one using slightly more difficult notation
than really necessary). Moreover, LaTeX renderer => easier OCR => not that
difficult :-)

Even if you aren't exactly a fan of calculus, you might like this one,
though:

http://random.irb.hr/latexrender/pictures/4054807cb4810f17df1f392a5118e759.gif

Backup copy is at http://img202.imageshack.us/i/4054807cb4810f17df1f392.gif/

I never really caught onto calculus, and I doubt that I'm alone.
(Build something that asks about computer history and I won't have any
problems :-)

So, what was the first computer I used? :-P

Peter