funsec mailing list archives

Why management doesn't understand infosec

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rmslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 14:04:01 -0800

The Economist seems to have a special issue dedicated to MBA programs.  One of
the articles in on the use of technology.

http://www.economist.com/whichmba/MBAs-and-
technology?fsrc=scn/tw/te/ar/masteringbitsandbytes

or

http://econ.st/92TjxX

I've been working with, studying, and pushing the use of technology in schools,
and the teaching of technology, for over thirty years.  This is depressingly small
and limited.

(Sorry, it doesn't have an awful lot to do with infosec, but it does go far towards
explaining some of the trouble we have explaining things to management.)

======================  (quote inserted randomly by Pegasus Mailer)
rslade () vcn bc ca     slade () victoria tc ca     rslade () computercrime org
We peer so suspiciously at each other that we cannot see that we
Canadians are standing on a mountaintop of human wealth, freedom
and privilege.               - Pierre Elliott Trudeau, Dec. 31, 1980
victoria.tc.ca/techrev/rms.htm blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/slade/index.html
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/author/p1/
http://www.infosecbc.org/links http://twitter.com/rslade