funsec mailing list archives

Re: Apple patents parental controls for sexting

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 09:53:33 +1300

Rob Slade wrote:

We've had "naughty words" filters forever.  We've had egress filtering (even
though most people don't use it).  So tell me how this combination is not
completely obvious, and therefore patentable?

There was no link to the actual patent and I can't be bothered
searching for it, but perhaps its a "process patent" where they
effectively patent their specific implementation, rather than a patent
claiming to cover the "basic invention" itself?

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald