funsec mailing list archives

Man facing charges for checking wife’s e-mail

From: Juha-Matti Laurio <juha-matti.laurio () netti fi>
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 16:37:59 +0200 (EET)

"Leon Walker, 33, is being charged under a state statute that prohibits unlawful access to a computer system, program
or network.

Walker admitted that he rummaged through his wife’s e-mail, but said he strongly believes he didn’t break any laws.

“What don’t you share in a marital home? She asked me to read her e-mails before. She gave me the passwords before;
she didn’t hide it,” Walker said."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40825677/ns/local_news-detroit_mi/

It would be interesting to hear is Michigan the only state where this will happen?

Juha-Matti